Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Insert clever title here.

So.

I have been in my new apartment for a week tomorrow. And I? LOVE this place. Srsly.

There are 40 apartments in this building (I only know that because I had to ask for tenant insurance purposes) and I NEVER hear anyone. It is crazy. I rarely see anyone either. I went downstairs a little while ago to check the mail and to actually get outside for a few minutes, and other than a few people outside I saw no one. Which is kind of nice, especially because I saw this weird black dude freaking the fuck out the day I moved in. It was very weird.

So, yeah.

I still have lots to unpack because I have been a fucking SLACKER. Big time. I had this paper to write for one of my classes and I didn't want to do it, so I procrastinated like a mofo, and because I knew I had to write this paper, I didn't do shit around my apartment. That makes sense, right?

But I seriously love it. The kitchen is all brand new, with a new REAL stove, none of those teeny apartment size bastards, and a fan, YAY for my apartment not smelling like meat everytime I cook! Plus it has a dishwasher, which seems crazy, but awesome too. AND three closets. THREE. I am in heaven. Especially because none of them reek like cat piss. And WINDOWS. (Basement apartments kind of suck, unless you are a vampire, but I don't want to talk about vampires because of that stupid bitch Stephenie Meyer.)

AND a real shower. I am 6 feet tall, and it is impossible to properly shave legs in a stall shower.

So, yeah, I dig this apartment mucho.

Ask me again when winter hits. Then I may miss the non-winters of Long Island, but I think the pros outweigh the cons big time.

Oh, but I do have to bitch about one thing. POLLEN. I have had a headache pretty much daily since I moved in. UGH. I can not get rid of it. So, that sucks, but hopefully the rain we are expecting this weekend will help.

In other news, I am still unemployed, but to be honest I haven't really been looking to hard. I guess I should get on that.

So, yeah. Kind of boring, but at least I am posting something.

2 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

You're taking classes already? I did not realize. Good for you!

Do you take anything for the pollen allergy? There HAS to be something to make you feel better.
Go see a doctor, dude! :)

Smooches!

May 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I have been taking a couple of classes since before I got laid off, part of the whole "I am not sure that this is really what I want to do with my life" phase.

And I still don't know.

But anyway, I have been taking Zyrtec, but if things don't get better I may spring for the Claritin D. The last time I went to the doctor it was recommended that I try Zyrtec. I am not sure that I have insurance coverage right now, waiting to hear about COBRA so there is that too.

Did I tell you that Kenny is going to be HERE in August??? It is probably too late to get your kind of seats though! ;)

May 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home