Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm back online.....sorta.

So, I am posting from home.

My laptop is still dead. I took it to BestBuy and the dude there said it is likely the motherboard. I could pay to have a true diagnosis, but he said that I am probably better off just buying a new one, and I agree.

So, I am posting from my desktop, which I haven't used in a while, and it is kind of a pain in the ass. My landlord lets me use her wireless so I bought a Wireless adapter flibbity, and it works....somewhat.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Black Friday will present some good deals of the online variety, because I am not going to fight some unwashed, toothless wonder to save a couple hundred bucks. No thanks. I have rage, remember? It is best for me to stay away from the public on Black Friday.

In the meantime, I am way behind on blogs, etc. The only place I have had internet access is at work, and I have to be careful, obviously.

How is work, you ask? Don't ask. That is a rant for another day.

I will close with the following, which I stole from another blog:

1. Have you ever had a moving violation? An auto accident? That was your fault?

I have had a speeding ticket and a ticket for "failure to yield to a pedestrian", which was total bullshit and I would kick that cops ass if given the chance. Lying bastard. I have been in one auto accident, 13 years ago, that was luckily a minor one, and no, it was not my fault.

2. Have you ever voted? How old was your were you the first time you voted?

I have voted in every presidential election since 1996, and some others. I was 18 the first time.

3. Are you glad this election cycle is over?

OMFG YES. The only other thing I will say about it is that I am not sure I would have been happy either way.

4. Do you have guilty pleasure? What is it (or are they)? My laptop definitely was. It sucks so bad not having one. That and Diet Pepsi Max. And Coach bags.

5. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done recently?

I honestly can't think of anything really recently. I probably just jinxed myself.

***Bonus: How much impact has the Wall Street and general economic wilt had on you?

I don't know that Wall Street has had much of an impact, but economically I am kind of fucked. I am making more than I ever have, but am living in a pretty expensive area. Not sure what I am gonna do about that....

For weekly TMI Tuesday questions, click here.


Gotta get back to watching the country music awards. I was very happy that my all time fave George Strait won the first award, and probably would have turned the tv off had Kenny Chesney won. (I like him, but come on.)

4 Comments:

Blogger zipbagofbones said...

YAY glad you're back (sorta) Jenny! I'm looking for a laptop, too. Only difference is I can't actually afford to buy one, so I'm just looking at them. Best Buy keeps throwing me out.

Anyway, I will never have to take another math class again FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS ON THIS EARTH. And I feel like I've been emancipated.

November 13, 2008 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I never said I could afford one!

If I could, I would have one already....I am just kind of addicted.

Hey, there are worse addictions to have...

November 13, 2008 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

If I didn't love you and think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread I'd have to hurt you for that last comment.
...just sayin :)

I'd be dead right now if I was in your computer situation. I'm not lying.

We completely agree on all of #4!! (well, except for the Max part, I do regular diet Pepsi)

So glad you're back!! :)

November 13, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger zipbagofbones said...

I am the Grand Poobah of attention whores, and even I don't put my link in the comment. Normally. Don't check up on that, you won't find anything.

I will appoint you to Chief WOMBAT Commander, and your job will be to eat skittles and obliterate WOMBATs. And double check my spelling of obliterate.

November 17, 2008 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home