Thursday, October 30, 2008

So, I am watching the news.

And I see why I don't watch it much.

They are talking about the news anchor who was beaten to death in her bed, and a 29 year old Long Island woman who was killed by her husband (who then tried to cover it up, playing the grieving husband) last weekend.

Basically they are saying that this is a "War on Women". The whole thing pissed me off because it makes it sound like there aren't any men being killed. Obviously, all of these stories are HORRIBLE, but this is not a new thing. I don't mean to sound callous, but think of all the people who have been killed by their spouses.

This is not a crime against women issue, I see it as a crime against people issue. (I hope that doesn't sound stupid, I am not feeling too eloquent at the moment.) Maybe I am wrong, maybe it does happen a lot more against women, but listening to this panel talk about it, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

They also commented how Jennifer Hudson has kept the the man who killed her family members as a myspace friend. They are using that example to show that women go for men who are no good.

WTF? First of all, he wasn't HER boyfriend. Second of all, she just lost her mother, her brother, and her nephew. Maybe myspace isn't her first priority?? WHAT THE FUCK?

OK, I ranted, and I will stop now. I will be back later if I can think of how better to word this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home