Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Today. 5.26.09

Today was a very good day.

My sister had her first baby at 4:15 this morning. He is the first grandchild for all 4 grandparents, so it is very exciting.

I am 31 years old, and when I was younger I always expected that I would have children by now. Then as I got older, I wasn't sure I was the parent type and people have always said "It is different when it is your own." I am still not sure that I will ever have my own, but believe me, I get it now. I cannot put into words how much I love this little person. I am so proud of my sister and her husband. Her husband is proof that there are still a few good ones left.

I just left the hospital and I can't wait to go back to see him tomorrow.

Oh, and today is my Mom's birthday, and oddly enough his due date is (was) my dad's birthday, June 5th. I am pretty sure that this is the best birthday present either of them have ever had.

Happy Birthday, Little Man.

I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyHAHA said...

awww - congrats!! :)

May 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Aaaaw! What a sweet post!

It is very true, it's so different when they're your own children... because I had my own reservations about having kids for a while. There is nothing in the world like it. So don't completely rule it out.

Congratulations again, Aunt Jenny! :)

May 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger C.J. Koster said...

That's really sweet. Congratulations!

May 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home